Design and planting for an Arts & Crafts inspired garden…
Here, our client loves the garden’s created by Gertrude Jekyll, from the arts & crafts movement and would like to bring a feeling of that in their garden.
- lots of colour
- visual interest throughout the year
- love’s good flower’s with good scent
- likes to do some of the maintenance
- create an area to place swing seat and water feature
- likes wildflower meadows with daisy like planting
Our solution was to:
- create a design using the golden section, turning the design diagonally to the house, creating more space and movement in the garden
- creating different zones, using box hedging and different block planting.
- plant a mix of grasses – instead of a wildflower meadow, as space is limited, along with a mix of cornflower plug plants and echinacea giving a longer seasonal interest
- create a dryer gravel garden, incorporation the swing seat, and water feature, with a good mix of herb planting and other scented plants
If you would like a similar style or looking for something different…
Call or email:
Gary May on 07825 774915, email@example.com
Kate Savill on 07792 657777, firstname.lastname@example.org
if you’d like to talk us about what you’d like for your garden.