A Modern Entertaining Garden…
…with a brief for something clean and contemporary, with lots of entertaining space. Our clients were looking for a garden with a modern style, which makes the most of the space at the front and rear of their period property.
- The front entrance to the property wasn’t that clear as it can be accessed from both sides, so the design started with establishing the front and designing a new entrance hall with a lantern roof and over sized front door.
- To give a more enclosed feel, a low wall was added and modern cobbles laid for the driveway.
- The front terrace was enlarged enabling a more comfortable entertaining area.
- Stone Globe Lights were added to the gate piers to add interest and illuminate the entrance.
- The planting uses a simple palette, with spring bulbs, summer-flowering perennials and topiary to give all-year interest.
- To increase the parking, permeable paving grids backfilled with grass were laid.
With the front garden now established, our clients required an entertaining area that could accommodate both large parties or small more intimate gatherings.
The original garden had a very small terrace area immediately outside what was the old front door.
- The new large terrace, central pathway and wide steps balance the space and give each a sense of purpose.
- The simple planting of the multi-stemmed Amelanchiers gives a clean look to balance the mass-planted border opposite.
The new entertaining terrace is split into two areas with the raised terrace featuring both the outdoor oven, storage and built in seating, and the lower area capable of housing a large dining table.
This project was finalised towards the end of 2018 and the images will be updated during 2019 when the full impact of the planting will be evident with the plants looking their best!
Call or email:
Gary on 07825 774915, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lindsey on 07786 066800, email@example.com
Kate Savill on 07792 657777, firstname.lastname@example.org
if you’d like to talk us about what you’d like for your garden.